During my Christmas vacation I received a pull request on GitHub for my PHP_BitTorrent project which added proper namespaces to the classes. I decided to merge the pull request and do some other changes as well. I removed the static methods and added instance methods instead which, IMHO, makes the API cleaner, and more important, made the code easier to test.
There are some example usage and instructions on how to install PHP_BitTorrent over at the project page on GitHub.
I have also done some more work on the BitTorrent tracker part of the project which is available in a separate branch (not a part of the 0.2.0 release). Feel free to play around with it and don’t hesitate to send me a pull request if you have improvements for it.